SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#83064 - 12/15/06 10:07 AM Holiday thanks to "the winners"...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
This is the time of year for me to recognize some of my personal choices as "winners" here..especially in light of some recent unfortunate events!

* Winning senior standard bearer: BOBOP. This guy is the "Real Deal" he's "been there", and is still "on the road" doing his thing with personal style, commitment and grace. I want to "grow up" to be just like him.

* Winning Gentleman: DON Mason: He's earned the success he enjoys, and he makes me proud to be a fellow musician.

* Winning Optomist: DAVE. Our favorite Uncle
has been up and down, but never loses a fabulous attitude. He gets my vote as the worlds best and most committed teacher. A real inspiration to young and old (me) alike.

* Winning Diplomat: TONY: My choice as the person with an intellectual capacity to be admired. Every post shows real thought, personality and humanity. (Now, Damnit, practice that Gut Bucket)!

* Winning Social Concious/Personal Beliefs Advocate: CHAS: Here's a guy not afraid to comment on real social issues and defend his personal beliefs...all done with grace and reason. (Just swallow that pride and "woodshed" with that washboard, "Buck").

*Winning "up and comer" : STEPHEN: Here's a hard worker who is really dedicated to music, learning and participating in exchanges here with respect for others. CLASS ACT!

*Winning Info Source: GARY: Always gracious and willing to share technical info, styles
and personal advice. He's "the Rock" here
(Cute little vests, too!)!

*Winning Survivor: TONY ROME! Man, this guy has been through it! He's still in ther "pluggin" away. Way to go, friend!

* "Grand Champion Winner": NIGEL. He makes this all possible. Think of it! He's created an international community of people with common interests who are also able to share social beliefs, experiences and develop personal friendships that last a lifetime...all at great personal sacrifice,in terms of time, commitment, etc....all for others, with nothing but our personal appreciation as reward.

I'm not intentionally excluding anyone here, and I'm not advocating a massive "group hug".

The point is, we're a group of people as different as night and day...different locations, experiences, preferences, personal commitments, different ages...all involved in interpersonal interactions that make life more enjoyable. Each contributes personal thoughts, experiences and more to the benefit of others.

That's the way it should be. That's why the occasional "flair-ups" seem so pointless.

And, that, my friends, is why I'm here.

The best to all this holiday season

Russ
(Founding father of "The Feeble Winds" and the "Hoedowners").

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 12-15-2006).]

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 12-15-2006).]

#83065 - 12/16/06 05:39 AM Re: Holiday thanks to "the winners"...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
A special award should go to you Russ, for your mostly under-the-radar help for many people who really need it. It's one thing to be successful in life and business, but quite another to be willing to lend a hand to others along the way.
I'm also glad to see you are finally recognizing BOTH kinds of music--Country AND Western.
DonM

#83066 - 12/17/06 04:53 PM Re: Holiday thanks to "the winners"...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ ... well done, and THANK YOU !!! ...
t.
....... and I'm practicin', man, .... really I am ... it just don't SOUND it !!!
t.

#83067 - 12/17/06 06:48 PM Re: Holiday thanks to "the winners"...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Aw, shux ....
Thanx, Russ ! Got any time soon to do that Rhodes deal? hmm, hmmm, hmmm ???????

#83068 - 12/17/06 10:18 PM Re: Holiday thanks to "the winners"...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
A special award should go to you Russ, for your mostly under-the-radar help for many people who really need it.)
DonM

I totally agree with DonM. Russ is a very special member who provides so much musical insight yet he never demands anything for himself. I'd nominate Russ for "Member Of The Year". He is always considerate of everyone else and exhibits absolute diplomacy. Plus on top of that he is an awesome musician. Thanks Russ for being such a great friend to us all.

I am not saying this just to stroke you all. It is simply true. Russ is one of those special people that help this be such a great place to be online. If everyone just stopped and thought before they posted like Russ ALWAYS does there'd be a lot less tension between us all.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-17-2006).]

#83069 - 12/18/06 01:39 AM Re: Holiday thanks to "the winners"...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
* Winning senior standard bearer: BOBOP. This guy is the "Real Deal" he's "been there", I want to "grow up" to be just like him.

Russ kudos to you. You're a "Real Deal" as well, certainly a first class act and a power of example. Great to have you as a member of this forum Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 12-18-2006).]

#83070 - 12/18/06 07:54 AM Re: Holiday thanks to "the winners"...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks Russ, you are special.
The guys posting in this list are the kinds of people that we all can and do relate to, and wish that everyone elso would be similiar, so that we could understand and relate to them all.
Russ is a special guy and rightfully belongs right at the top of this list.
I am truly delighted to be included. I feel that is a great honor coming from my peers.
You are all the kind of people that I wish you were my neighbors so I could just visit you anytime without a reason.
you all are great, and much loved and respected by all the members of this great Family that Nigel has put together over the years.
Best of Merry Christmas to all,
Bill

#83071 - 12/18/06 03:00 PM Re: Holiday thanks to "the winners"...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Wow, I've never made anybody's list before....well maybe a couple of people's "fecal rosters". An honor, to be sure, especially coming from someone with Russ's credentials. Happy holidays, all.

chas

#83072 - 12/19/06 12:12 PM Re: Holiday thanks to "the winners"...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Oh, WHAT RTHE HELL...GROUP HUG...GROUP...HUG!

Then, we'll all CLOG to the melodious sounds of "The Feeble Winds", featuring a washboard solo by Chas and a ten minute freeform "riff" by Don
on chromatic harmonica. (No chord changes, please). Sounds like Tony's not quite ready to solo yet. Hey, Tony, why don't you try the spoons? THEY'RE COOL!

"Doghouse"

#83073 - 12/19/06 02:34 PM Re: Holiday thanks to "the winners"...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Oh, WHAT RTHE HELL...GROUP HUG...GROUP...HUG!

Then, we'll all CLOG to the melodious sounds of "The Feeble Winds", featuring a washboard solo by Chas and a ten minute freeform "riff" by Don
on chromatic harmonica. (No chord changes, please). Sounds like Tony's not quite ready to solo yet. Hey, Tony, why don't you try the spoons? THEY'RE COOL!

"Doghouse"

Russ ... I'll try that ... lord knows I do real well with a knife and fork !!!
t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online